Propolis Natural health ( UK Propolis )
What is Propolis ?
Propolis has a long history of medicinal use, dating back to 350 B.C., the time of Aristotle.Greeks have used propolis for absesses; Assyrians have used it for healing wounds and tumors; and Egyptians have used it for mummification.
Propolis is a resin-like material from the buds of poplar and cone-bearing trees. Propolis is used by honey bees to protect their hives from fungus and infections and is rarely available in its pure form.It is usually obtained from beehives and contains bee products. Propolis contains a complex blend of some 160 biochemical elements including beewax , essential oil, vitamins and most importantly bioflavonoid .
It still has many medicinal uses today,although its effectiveness has only been shown for a couple of them. In manufacturing, propolis is used as an ingredient in cosmetics.
How does it work?
Propolis seems to have activity against bacteria , viruses, and fungi.It might also have anti-inflammatory effects and help skin heal.
Medical studies have shown that topical application of propolis in tinctures or ointments helps against genital herpes, cold sores, dental caries, periodontal disease, and rheumatoid arthritis, eczemas, scars , psoriasis and fungal infections like ringworm and athlete's foot. The tincture applied to beestings gives instant pain relief and reduction of swelling.
Propolis preparations can be applied to cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.
Taking propolis for health and vitality: Several studies suggest that propolis taken as a tincture or in tablet form is useful in treating the common cold, influenza, microbes,parasites, stomach ulcers and respiratory problems.
Respiratory complaints : Very effective if taken as a tincture for colds, influenza , catarrh, rhinitis, sinusitis , laryngitis and sore throats. Doctors can support therapy for : asthma, chronic pneumania and tuberculosis with propolis.
Stomach and digestive disorders : Stomach ulcers from helicobacter pylori infections. Effective in large, frequent doses for gastritis , dysentery, diarrhoea, and leak gut syndrome caused by parasites, worm and fluke infestations.
" Propolis is antiseptic, anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-microbail.There are currently no manufactured drugs that fight a virus, but Proplis has antiviral properties"
H.W.Schmidt,M.D.German Medical Association
Benefits of Propolis, among others:
- Anti - microbial/ antibiotics
- Anti - fungal
- Anti - Virus
- Anti - protozoal
- Natural disinfectant that is Bactericidal ( bacteria - killing substantce ) and bacteriostatic ( substantces)
- Capable of liniting / reducing the growth of bacteria
- Substance natural pain killers or anesthetics experience
- Anti - inflammatory
- The ability to heal wounds naturally
- Tissue regeneration
- Anti-septic and hipotensiv ( ability to reduce high blood pressure )
- Treatment of Gingivitis ( gum inflammation)
- Hepatoprotection activity ( ability to prevent liver damage )
- Ant-tumor activity
Dosage and method of use Propolis
For General health maintenance, Propolis can either be taken in its pure form or mixed into your beverage and drinks.
A) Ingested in Pure Form
- 3 drops, 2 times a day - dropped into throat or under tougue
( Morning-before breakfast and Evening - before dinner)
B) Mixed with Beverages
- Propolis can be dissolved into warm water, coffee, tea, juice or milk, Just drop 3 droplets of Propolis into beverage and stir well before drinking
- Do not use metallic / iron spoon to stir
C) For External use
( Propolis preparations can be applied to cuts, scratches and surgical wounds.)
- Apply enough Propolis onto area to be treated ,2-3 times a day
- Can be used to treat wounds, irrtations, swellings, infections and so on
1. Not recommended for pregnant women
2. Not recommended for Infants under 2 years.
3. For children 2-10 years old, and people over 70 years old , try out with a single drop. To further proceed to normal dosage
of 3 drops twice a day only after no noticeable side effects.
4. Store in a cool and dry location. Do not Store in the refrigerator.
5. Do not store in metal containers or use metal stirrers or spoon as metal affects the overall effectiveness of Propolis.
( Back To Top)